Sunday, January 12, 2014

NFL 2013: Divisional Playoffs Saturday

I only had a play on one of the two games, but look at my write-up supporting the Patriots that went to my clients:

Patriots : I really like the favorite here.  Despite the Colts winning last week on a miracle comeback the better team went home, and the Colts continue to get "lucky" winning games they shouldn't....that will be tough sledding in NE this weekend.  Both offenses do have an edge so I expect alot of points, but give the edge to NE as they have faced the 2nd toughest schedule of opponent defenses, are at home, and have the better QB - especially in the playoffs.  One area defensively NE is solid in is pass defense checking in at #8, and that will be the difference Saturday night.  No team is more efficient in the red zone and goal to go situations than New England, and scoring TDs versus kicking FGs will be key.  Indianapolis has not performed well in my ratings again this season, was blown out in the KC game according to my ratings, continues to have poor TOM but wins games - hard to figure out.  But in this spot I feel the Patriots will really have alot of success running the ball with Blount against the Colts 25th ranked rush defense (which the Chiefs would have done last week and advanced had Charles not been injured early), setting up the play action pass...but make no mistake, this will be a grind it out affair for the Pats probably running the ball 30+ times.  New England wins and covers in a high scoring shootout.

Not bad.  Will post Sunday's writeups once games are over, win or lose.

Email me directly: boss@thesportsboss.com
Visit my website: www.thesportsboss.com
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsBoss
Follow me on Facebook: The SportsBoss
Leave comments here on the blog


COPYRIGHT: THE SPORTSBOSS, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment