Friday, December 14, 2012

NCAA Basketball 2012-2013: Opening Power Poll

Now that we have some action in the books, where most teams have played about 10 games, I am comfortable enough that I have a solid feel for what each team is made of and thus will release my initial opening Power Poll of the season.  My Power Poll for college basketball includes the Top 15 teams in the country as I feel below that there is a significant drop-off in talent.  Let’s jump right into the rankings:
#1 Duke (9-0)
#2 Indiana (9-0)
#3 Florida (7-0)
#4 Louisville (8-1)
#5 Ohio State (7-1)
#6 Syracuse (8-0)
#7 Georgetown (8-1)
#8 Illinois (11-0)
#9 Michigan (10-0)
#10 Kansas (7-1)
#11 Cincinnati (9-0)
#12 Arizona (7-0)
#13 Minnesota (11-1)
#14 New Mexico (10-0)
#15 Wyoming (10-0)
Next Five (in alphabetical order): Gonzaga (9-1), Oklahoma State (7-1), Pittsburgh (9-1), San Diego State (7-1), Virginia Tech (8-1)

Games this week featuring Power Poll teams:
Saturday: #3 Florida @ #12 Arizona

I will release my college basketball Power Poll each Friday of the season, to change it up some from the AP/USA Today release on Monday.  That will make it a little more of a worthwhile read since it will include the games during the week, and will be posted right before the weekend’s action.

Thanks again for reading, please feel free to:
Email me directly: boss@thesportsboss.com
Visit my website: www.thesportsboss.com
Follow me on Twitter: @SportsBoss
Follow me on Facebook: The SportsBoss
Leave comments here on the blog



COPYRIGHT: THE SPORTSBOSS, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment